KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS (KFUPM)
DEANSHIP OF GRADUATE STUDIES
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
It is highly appreciated if you kindly forward this e-mail to potential graduate students in your institute and elsewhere.
The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to invite your attention that application to Graduate Studies at KFUPM is now open online from the link http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/application/preonline.asp until March 4, 2012. KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions:
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi ARAMCO (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical and Polymers.
In addition to many world-class universities and industries on different research fields.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM:
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
- Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Corrosion (http://core-c.edu.sa/).
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
- Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration.
The Research Institute
The Research Institute is the cornerstone of applied research activities at KFUPM, solving critical scientific and technical problems as well as working on turning knowledge into practice. More details are available on the website of the Research Institute at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/ri/
Research Groups at KFUPM
To provide special support for research in focused areas of interest to Saudi Arabia, KFUPM has established 13 Research Groups in Science and Engineering areas. More details are available on the website of the Deanship of Scientific Research at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/dsr/
Graduate programs offered at KFUPM
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P.|
|Civil Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Ph.D.|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc.|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Industrial & Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Materials Science & Engineering||M.Sc.|
|Mathematical Sciences||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Medical Physics||M. Med. Phys.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
Online Admission System
The online graduate admission application for the coming Fall Semester 2012-2013 (Starting in Sep. 2012) will be available starting from Feb. 6, 2012 until March 4, 2012 through this link: http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/application/preonline.asp
After submission of a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before March 12, 2012 through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application using this link: http://adgs.kfupm.edu.sa/
Mandatory documents for application (without which application will not be processed)
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for final decision)
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 IBT for MS and 79 IBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General Score (min. Quant. is 720 (Old Format) 156 (New Format), min. Analytical is 4.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
- Deadline for submitting the online application is March 4, 2012.
- Deadline for uploading mandatory documents is March 12, 2012.
- Deadline for recommendation letters to be received via the online recommendation system is March 12, 2012.
If there are any questions or further clarifications are required, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or Telephone :
+966-3-860-2800, or check our website at: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gs
We wish you the best in your endeavor.
Deanship of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 5055
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)